Constructed in two phases in 1916 and 1930, the Colonial Revival style St. Andre’s Convent is part of a one-time Roman Catholic parish complex located southeast of downtown Biddeford. The parish stood at the center of French- Canadian life in Biddeford for over a century before being closed in 2009.
Developers Collaborative worked with Biddeford Housing Authority to complete a historic adaptive reuse of the convent into 15 affordable senior apartment units. The project was a MEREDA Top 10 Notable Project Winner in 2016 as well as a Maine Preservation Honor Award winner.
Now known as Mission Hill, the project has helped to improve the quality of housing in the area and help stabilize one of Biddeford’s more troubled lower- income neighborhoods.