top of page
St. Ignatius was a Catholic church, parochial school and rectory residence located in downtown Sanford, Maine. It was built in 1893 to accommodate French-Canadian immigrants who were working in the mills at the time. In 2017, DC partnered with the Diocese to rehabilitate the existing three-story building and design a new construction addition to create 66 affordable senior housing units. The new apartments are within walking distance to Main Street, the waterfront, and the Mills, and are an important component in the revitalization of Sanford.
bottom of page